(WZZM) - Fish Lads is a new fish market at the Downtown Market Grand Rapids. We're open daily so stop by to enjoy our gourmet seafood-focused menu and dine at our raw bar, or stock up on fresh product from our beautiful selection of fish and seafood.
Enjoy this recipe, a take on our popular crabcakes.
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp Dijon
2 tbsp minced celery
¼ cup minced red pepper
2 tsp Old Bay
1 tsp Tabasco
zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 lb Dungeness crabmeat, water squeezed out
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup panko breadcrumbs, plus ¼ cup
½ cup breadcrumbs
6 tbsp olive oil, for frying
1. Mix egg, mayonnaise, Dijon, Old Bay, Tabasco, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Gently toss egg mixture with all remaining ingredients (except olive oil and additional ¼ cup panko). Season with salt and pepper.
3. Adjust moisture with panko or mustard/mayonnaise if necessary.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Form 8 total cakes and roll in remaining panko.
5. A couple minutes before frying, increase heat to medium. Carefully add crab cakes to skillet. Saute, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Finish in oven if
necessary. Transfer cakes to towel-lined plate.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges and Louis Sauce or Remoulade.