Holiday Appetizers with Olive Oil
1 cup Strawberries, hulled and diced
1 tbsp. sugar
1 whole wheat baguette, sliced on a bias
4 oz. goat cheese
2 tsp. 18 Year Traditional Balsamic
1 tbsp. Walnut Oil (can substitute if necessay)
1/4 cup minced basil leaves
Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
Brush Walnut oil on each baguette slice, then spread on a thin layer of goat cheese. Top with diced strawberries.
Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar just before serving
Top each slice with minced basil and cracked pepper to taste.
3 (8-oz.) blocks mozzarella cheese
• 1 (8.5-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and halved
• 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb EVOO
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
• Garnish: flat-leaf parsley sprigs or fresh rosemary stems
Cut blocks of cheese into 1-inch cubes. Arrange cheese cubes and tomato halves in an 8-inch square baking dish.
Whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, chopped parsley, and next 6 ingredients; pour evenly over cheese cubes. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Transfer mixture to a serving plate.
Garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs, or spear tomato halves and cheese cubes with short rosemary stems, if desired. Drizzle with marinade, if desired.
Marinated Shrimp and Artichokes
1/4 cup Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion $
Click to see savings
• 3 tablespoons Garlic Oil
(0.75-oz.) envelope garlic-and-herb dressing mix
• 1 pound peeled and deveined, large cooked shrimp (2 1/30 count)
• 1 (14 oz) can Artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
• 1 (6 0z) can large black olives, drained
• 1 Cup halved grape tomatoes
• 1 (4oz) package feta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• Small fresh basil leaves
Whisk together balsamic vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Stir I shrimp and and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill 8-24 hours. Stir in desired amount of basil just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
OLD WORLD OLIVE CO.
Grand Rapids MI 49503
108 Monroe Center
Grand Rapids MI 49503
282 W Maple
Birmingham MI 48012
65 E Bridge Street
Rockford MI 49341
467 Forest Street
Plymouth MI 48170