Wood burning stove fire damages Fruitport home

7:51 PM, Dec 16, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Video: Stove fire spreads to Fruitport home

Multiple fire departments responded to the fire at S. Hilton Park Monday morning.

FRUITPORT, Mich. (WZZM) -- The owner of a home extensively damaged by fire Monday morning says the flames started in her wood burning stove.

Multiple fire departments responded to the fire, which was reported around 8 a.m. in the 6200 block of S. Hilton Park.

The woman says she was sleeping in her bedroom when the smoke alarm went off. She and her dog safely escaped as the flames spread. No one else was inside the home.

Most Viewed Articles

Most Watched Videos