(WZZM) - Spiced Millet Puffs are popular snacks served from chaat stands in India and other parts of Asia. They are savory, rice krispie style treats. From Susan Feniger's Street Food.
Makes 30 puffs.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 5-oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dried black raisins
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups puffed millet
In large skillet, heat the butter until frothy - 3-4 minutes. Add marshmallows and start melting them.
When half-melted, add raisins, and the seeds and spices. Stir well so the spices toast and mix with the marshmallows. Add millet, remove from heat, and stir until all mixed in. Pour into a bowl.
Immediately start rolling the mixture into very small balls. Serve immediately or can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for 2 days.
Great Local Markets from Molly:
- Mediterranean Island - 4301 Kalamazoo SE
- Asian Delight Market - 4463 Breton SE
- Harvest Health - 1944 Eastern SE
- Nourish Organic Market - 634 Wealthy SE
- Fulton Street Farmers Market
From Grand Rapids Cooking School - Molly Clauhs