The American Red Cross of Greater Grand Rapids will celebrate its "Hometown Heroes" at the 7th Annual Hometown Heroes Celebration on April 25, 2013, at DeVos Place. The event will honor community members who have demonstrated extraordinary acts of courage, kindness, and service to their neighbors - near and far.
"Our community is rich with individuals and businesses who have firmly committed themselves to serving their neighbors," explained Cheryl Bremer, CEO of the American Red Cross of West Michigan. "These people have inspired us through their acts of service and we want to recognize them at our Hometown Heroes Celebration."
The following honorees will be recognized at this year's event:
• Michelle Bottrall, Clara Barton Humanitarian of the Year Award
• Ralph Hauenstein, General George Marshall Patriot Award
• Van Andel Institute, Dr. Charles Drew Health Advocate Award
• Christina Keller, Henry Dunant Global Impact Award
• Judge Patricia Gardner, Caroline Campbell Community Impact Award
• Laura Knapp, Jane Delano Lifesaver Award
• Duane Rotman, Mabel Boardman Spirit of Volunteerism Award
The Hometown Heroes Celebration will begin at 6:00 p.m. with a reception, silent auction, and strolling dinner in the Steelcase Ballroom at DeVos Place. It will continue with an awards presentation and live auction, with all proceeds benefitting the ongoing work of the American Red Cross of West Michigan. Dueling Pianos will also entertain attendees, performing during the opening reception and at the afterglow following the event.
The public is welcome to this event and tickets may be purchased online at http://american.redcross.org
For more information on how to give, get trained or get involved with the American Red Cross, visit: www.redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.