This all grilled meal has become a favorite of mine for serving to company. The meat and vegetables can be prepped ahead of time and when the company arrives, I just fire up the grill!
Grilled Flank Steak
Grilled Red Potatoes, Corn on the Cob & Red Onions w/a Basil Dijon Vinaigrette
And don't forget dessert: Blueberry, Peach Cobbler...a perfect Fourth of July meal!
Grilled Flank Steak with Rosemary
• ½ cup soy sauce
• ½ cup olive oil
• 4 ½ tablespoons honey
• 6 large garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 ½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
• 2 pound flank steak
1. Mix all ingredients except steak in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Prepare barbeque (medium-high heat)
4. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
5. Grill steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
6. Transfer steak to work surface. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin strips Arrange on platter and serve.
8 Corn on the Cob
2 Red Onions
1 lb Red Potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
s & p
1. Cut onions in quarter leaving the "hairy" part of the onion attached to each quarter
2. Cut potatoes in half
3. Coat corn, onions, potatoes in olive oil, s & p.
4. Preheat the grill to high
5. Grill all vegetables until they have a grill mark and are tender
Basil Dijon Vinaigrette
• 4 T Olive Oil
• S & P
• 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 2 T. White Wine
• 2 t. favorite gourmet mustard ( I used Dijon)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ½ - 1 cup fresh basil
• 1 t S
• ½ t P
1. In a blender or food processor mix garlic, lemon juice, wine, mustard and basil.
2. Slowly pour in olive oil until blended. Add S & P to taste
3. Add vinaigrette to vegetables
Courtesy: Donna Sawyer www.donnasawyerwow.com