WZZM 13, the Gannett-owned ABC affiliate in Grand Rapids, MI is looking for a Regional Account Manager to join our sales team. The ideal candidate is a super-organized, creative and aggressive, transactional superstar who can take a list of premium regional and national accounts and grow their TV and digital billing. Do you like to win? Do you love driving share and getting big rates? Do you like to find additional dollars with creative ideas? Then we should talk. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of television sales experience with emphasis on agency business. For consideration, please apply at https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=24042&company=Gannett&username
• Services existing regional and national agency relationships, while developing correlating direct client relationships; this responsibility includes assessing needs, developing presentations, negotiating business, selling local specials and sponsorships, and proactively merchandising all station properties.
• Enhances existing revenue and develops non-traditional advertising dollars by utilizing station marketing resources.
• Develops new and non-traditional revenue with agency partners, and key local accounts, through creative solutions.
• Develops web revenue for all station digital properties through needs-based analysis meetings with agency partners and key local accounts.
• Provides Gannett Television Media Services with appropriate information on performance in the market, programming, rate and pertinent research information necessary in selling the station.
• Responsible for internal marketing of station to national reps with ongoing motivational support.
• Travel to Gannett Television Media Services offices to build and maintain successful relationships with reps, buyers, planners and clients who may have business in the Grand Rapids market. These travel plans include regular visits to New York and other key offices as needed. Works closely with Local Sales Managers General Sales Manager and 2nd Regional Sales Manager in pricing and managing inventory to effectively sell to all accounts, local, regional and national.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by station managements.
• Minimum 3 years sales experience; College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience using psychographic research and/or other marketing research tools are helpful. Computer literacy with MS Office is required.
• The ability to work as a team player is an essential attribute.
• Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success.
• Strong communication skills and customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Current valid driver's license and excellent driving history required.
This position reports to the General Sales Manager.