Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore - by Ann Loveless
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - The winner of the 2013 ArtPrize is Ann Loveless of Frankfort, Michigan for her landscape art quilt, Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore.
Her piece was at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. She wins the $200,000 public vote prize.
The winner of the $100,000 Juried Grand Prize was Carlos Bunga, from Barcelona, Spain. His piece, Ecosystem, was at SiTE:LAB.
The other top vote winners were Anni Crouter of Flint for Polar Expressed and Andy Sacksteder for UPLifting. Crouter wins $75,000 and Sacksteder wins $50,000. All three top vote winners were at the Ford Museum.
Other juried winners were:
- 2D - Kyle Staver, NY - Europa and the Flying Fish - GR Brewing Company
- 3D - Cooley/Lewis, TN - Through the Skies for You - Kendall College of Art & Design
- Time/Performance - Shahzia Sikander, NY - The Last Post - Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Urban Space - J.D. Urban, NY - united.states: an everydaypeople project - Calder Plaza
- Venue - Kendall College of Art & Design
- Ox-Bow Residency - Greg Bokor, MA. - Erase - Fountain Street Church
The juried winners each get $20,000.
The other seven top ten finishers get $5,000.
We'll have more on WZZM 13 News at 11pm. For more, go to www.artprize.org