VANCOUVER (AP) -- The British Columbia coroner confirms thatGlee actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, the AP reports.
"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident," the coroner's office said in a statement.
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."
Most heroin users are in their early 20's and come from middle to upper class families. For more information on heroin click on the highlighted link.