GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Nov. 29, 2012 - Gilda's LaughFest, the nation's only community-wide festival of laughter, announced today that ticket packages for the 2013 festival will go on sale Friday, Nov. 30. Ticket packages will be sold online at www.laughfestgr.org or by calling (616)735-HAHA(4242) through Friday, Jan. 4, 2013. Individual tickets sales will open to the general public on Friday, Jan. 11, 2013. The 10-day festival of laughter will open in Grand Rapids, March 7, 2013 and run through March 17, 2013.
Reserved seats have been added to all headliner (section one) LaughFest shows. Purchasing festival ticket packages early will ensure securing the best seat available before individual tickets go on sale. Ticket package specifics include:
• Build-your-own package: To make package purchases easier, LaughFest officials are offering a "Build-your-own" package. Buyers must select from two different sections. A minimum of one ticket in each of the two sections must be purchased. Build-your-own packages start at $29.50.
* You Pick - $25 gift certificates: Purchase individually or add to any ticket package order. In $25 increments, gift certificates are good towards any ticket package and must be redeemed by Jan. 4, 2013.
* Premium ticket packages: Premium ticket packages, which range in price from $250 to $750, include a variety of VIP extras, which may include entrance into various LaughFest parties and events.
* WHITE DIAMOND: $750 - includes Wayne Brady Signature Event Dinner/Show ticket and one show per day of your choice plus many VIP extras.
* PLATINUM: $500 - includes any single show (excluding the Signature Event) each day of your choice plus VIP extras.
* SERIOUSLY FUNNY: $250 - includes one ticket to seven shows of your choice (excluding the Signature Event).
• Pre-built ticket packages: Pre-built packages, which range in price from $36.50 to $142.50, allow ticket holders to see three shows for one price.
> § FAMILY FRIENDLY PACKAGE: $41.50 (adult), $36.50 (child) - Strawberry Shortcake: Follow your Berry Own Beat! With special guests, The Doodleboops; Super Saturday Kids Zone; and Secret Agent 23 Skidoo.
LATE NIGHT PACKAGE: $57.50 - Garfunkel & Oates, Pete Holmes, and Loni Love.
COMEDY LOVERS PACKAGE: $82.50 - Fortune & Friends, Nerdist Podcast Live!, and Bill Burr.
CLEAN COMEDY PACKAGE: $107.50 - Brian Regan, Clean Comedy Showcase and Dinner, and Jim Breuer.
HEADLINERS PACKAGE: $142.50 - Shaquille O'Neal's All-Star Comedy Jam, Lewis Black, and Joel McHale.
Show guidelines, which are included next to every show name, will give you an overall sense of the content and age-appropriateness of festival events and shows. Beyond family-friendly events, the guidelines are not meant to be a guarantee of strict adherences by the artists, as material is often subjective and open to interpretation by those in the audience.
* FAM: family-friendly; suitable for all ages.
* LRx: Laughter Rx, events with a health and laughter focus; best suited for ages 13 and above.
* CLN: Clean adult laughs, adult content without vulgarity and/or profanity; best suited for ages 18 and above.
* RRR: Rated R.Really, Adult content with some vulgarity and/or profanity; best suited for ages 18 and above.
* MAT: For mature audiences, adult content that contains strong subject matter; best suited for mature audiences.
* ID: This indicates a venue is only for individuals who are 21 and older; a valid ID will be required for admission.
Entertainers who have already been announced for this year's LaughFest include: Wayne Brady, Lewis Black, Jim Breuer, Bill Burr, Joel McHale, Brian Regan, Garfunkel and Oates, Gary Valentine, Justin Willman, Eric Andre, Neal Brennan, Loni Love, Pete Holmes, Fortune Feimster, Myq Kaplin, Michael Yo and W. Kamau Bell.
Also previously announced was the "$50,000 Challenge" by the Wege Foundation to raise funds for Gilda's Club Grand Rapids Children's Grief Program. The goal of the Foundation's Challenge is to have LaughFest organizers secure $50,000 worth of five dollar gifts from the community. The Foundation will match every $5 gift with $5 of their own, up to $50,000 in matching funds. Individuals interested in giving a "High Five" may do so by purchasing a button at a participating restaurant or business in the greater Grand Rapids area, by texting "LAUGH" to 20222, or by donating at www.laughfestgr.org