Make Healthy Habits Second Nature
A recent study from the University of Scranton says that nearly half of Americans will set a New Year's Resolution, but only 8% of them will successfully achieve it. With many of those people resolving to lose weight, today we are going to talk about building healthy routines that can turn into lifelong habits that will help you achieve your weight loss resolution to lose weight.
Brushing your teeth every night is probably a no-brainer. You just do it! That's the inspiration behind our focus on Routines in the new Weight Watchers 360 program: You can make healthy habits as automatic as brushing your teeth.
Here are four healthy routines to focus on if you are trying to lose weight. Incorporate one at a time...
Eat veggies or fruit with every meal or snack:
Fruits and vegetables are Power Foods that are healthy, filling and satisfying. When you incorporate fruits and vegetables you can insulate yourself from not so great choices.
It's easy to do:
• Lettuce tomato on a sandwich
• Salad before dinner
• Blueberries, bananas, strawberries with your cereal or oatmeal for breakfast
• An mid-morning apple and a cheese stick
Before your leave the house: Pack a Snack
Think of a portable snack as your secret weapon, one that can help you sail right by that pretzel kiosk at the mall, the hot dog stand at the game, the inevitable goodie pile at the office.
Ideas for some "out of the box" portable snacks that will satisfy include:
• Crunchy: PB and apple sandwiches
• Sweet: Chocolate dipped fruit kabob: Combine ¼ cup low fat chocolate pudding, 2 tsp. fresh orange juice, and ¼ tsp. grated orange zest. Use as dip for fresh fruit like strawberries, kiwi, pineapple
• Savory: Turkey mango strips: Spread 1 tsp. each low fat cream cheese and mango chutney on 2 oz. slice of turkey breast, roll up and sprinkle with curry
• Put perishables in a small insulted bag with a cold pack
• Put your snack right next to your car keys
Eat your meal free from distraction
• No TV, no reading, no computer and no smartphone
• ENJOY, FOCUS, eat slowly and savor your food
• Get up and walk at least 5 minutes every hour
• The pride and confidence in just beginning to get more active can carry over into the rest of your life
Once these routines become second nature it can not only help you lose weight but keep the weight off long term. Weight Watchers 360° is systematically, yet simply designed, to put you in control of your eating and exercise choices, and to help healthy living become second nature. Our program, digital tools and meetings are more robust, interactive than ever before. Come in now to visit a meeting for free. Visit www.weightwatchers.com for the meeting nearest you.
Courtesy: Weight Watchers