100 Donut Holes
1 - 18 inch Styrofoam cone
Ribbon for the top
1-cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
¼ cup cream
2 t. maple sugar extract
1-2 cups powdered sugar
1. Brush Mod Podge on the entire topiary
2. Cover the topiary with the tissue paper adding modpodge as needed to adhere the tissue paper to the topiary
3. Let dry for at least 1 hour.
4. Stick toothpicks in the topiary every inch, starting at the top
5. Heat brown sugar & butter on medium high heat until it boils. Add cream and maple syrup extract. Return to boil. Add powdered sugar until desired thickness.
6. Place donut holes on baking sheets in a single layer. Drizzle maple glaze over the donuts. Allow the glaze to set on the donuts.
7. Stick the donuts on the tooth picks
8. Using curly ribbon, adhere the ribbon on the very top of the topiary with a toothpick.
Courtesy: Donna Sawyer