Pumpkin Salad, Goat Cheese, Toasted Pecans, Crispy Bacon on Arugula with Maple Vinaigrette is a wonderful addition to the Thanksgiving Table! Besides the flavors and textures, one of the things I love about this salad is you can make all the components of the salad the day before. Use pie pumpkins to make this recipe. Pie pumpkins are smaller and a little bit more orange than a regular pumpkin.
1 Pie Pumpkin (or Butternut Squash)
8 oz Goat Cheese
1 cup Praline Pecans
½ cup Sunflower Seeds
½ cup Pure Maple Candy (Optional)
4 strips of Bacon
1 pkg Arugula
MAPLE DIJON SALAD DRESSING
In a food processor or blender, blend the following until pureed:
2/3 C. maple syrup
1/3 C. apple cider vinegar
2 shallots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. coarse mustard
1/2 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp pepper
Slowly add 2/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
1. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet and poke several holes in it.
2. Place in pre-heated 350 degree oven and let bake for 1 hour until softens
3. Cut off peal, cut in half and take out seeds etc.
4. Cut into ½ inch slices.
5. Place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, S & P and roast in oven for 30 minutes
6. Cut bacon and cook until crispy
7. Make Vinaigrette and assemble salad
Courtesy: Donna Sawyer