• Opening day is Monday, August 15.
• Our 6,350-sq. ft. office is located on the 2nd floor of the Y, next to the fitness room. (You don't have to be a Y member to be a patient here.) We have 9 exam rooms.
• While this is a sports medicine facility, you don't have to be an "athlete" to be a patient. Metro's sports med team is known for taking care of elite athletes, weekend warriors and even those people "fresh off the couch" who want to move without pain. Their goal is to get you back in your game. They want to help you get well when you're injured and keep you well when you are not.
• We will have sports med docs, orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists on-site, and we will offer the following services:
o Evaluation and treatment of sports injuries
o Digital X-rays
o Diagnostic ultrasound
o Concussion testing
o Physical therapy
o Gait analysis
o Medical massage
• We will also offer a service that is very unique - On Saturday, August 27, we will begin opening on Saturday mornings to serve student athletes with injuries from Friday nights' games. Often times parents know the injury doesn't need the emergency room, but wish their student athlete didn't have to wait until Monday to be evaluated. Now they don't have to wait! Our doctors will evaluate them and start the process of getting them back in the game before the new school week starts. This helps to set parents' minds at ease and helps prevent missing work and school on Monday.
• Metro sees the Y as a great partnership. Both organizations are focused on health and wellness for our community. We both feel this is the most integrated sports medicine offering the greater Grand Rapids area.
• Metro Health has offered sports medicine for more than 15 years, so this isn't something new for our clinicians.
• Hours for our office are M-F 8 am to 5 pm., Saturday 9 am to noon. Massage hours are M-F 5-7:30 pm and Saturday 8 am to noon.