COOPERSVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) -- The cast is expanding for the movie "Touchback", being filmed in Coopersville and Grand Rapids. Extras are needed to film the stands for football scenes. People interested should email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Those scenes will be shot overnight this Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday nights.
Also cast in the movie as high school band members are 40 juniors and seniors in the Forest Hills Northern High School band.
Cameron Sweat, an incoming junior, will be among them. "I'm very excited" he told WZZM 13 Tuesday. What's more, his older brother Quentin, a 2010 FHN grad, made the cut to be one of the 38 footbally playing extras. Their mother, Chrystal said: "Quentin told us 'don't tell too many people because you don't know - my part might be on the cutting room floor' but we're still excited, we think it's a great opportunity."
After two days of grueling tryouts on top of waiting, all the football players looking to make or break tackles in the upcoming movie "Touchback" have learned if they made the cut.
More than 1,200 football players came from across the country to Coopersville High School for a shot at a role on the field.
In the end, the studio responsible for casting the movie filled roles with just 38 players.
Producers made it clear that they were looking for real players with quality experience. They required players trying out to be between ages 18 and 30 and could not be seeking NCAA eligibility.
The movie will star Kurt Russell as a down-on-his luck high school coach getting a second chance at life.
Players selected were divided up into two teams. The list of those players is as follows:
TEAM COLDWATER: Coached by "Coach Hand", played by Kurt Russell
* Ryan McManus from Stow, OH and played at Wake Forest
* Stephen Wasil from Commerce Twp, MI and played at Grand Valley State
* Jacob McGuckin from Grand Rapids, MI and played at Grand Valley State
* Chris McKinney from Lawrenceville, GA and played at NC State and Arena football
* Timothy Balice from Kalamazoo, MI and played at Western Michigan
* Everett Stephenson from Detroit, MI and played at Wayne State
* Jeff Hachigian from Macomb, MI
* Dennis Rutka from Marne, MI and played at Coopersville High School
* Andre Benjamin from Grand Rapids, MI
* Dwayne Holmes from Van Buren Twp., MI and played at Michigan State
* Mike Sheldon from Royal Oak, MI and played at Albion College
* Matthew Carter from Allendale, MI and played at Allendale High School
* Michael Simon from Kentwood, MI and played at Grand Rapids Community College
* Jordan Havercamp from Nobleville, IN and played at DePauw
* Thomas Bissett from Jenison, MI
* Josh Lanser from Jenison, MI and played at Hope College
* John Preston from Newaygo, MI and played at Ferris State
* Mitch Cummings from Big Rapids, MI
* Adam Dekyger from Fremont, MI
* Kevin Shurlow from Lakeview, MI
* Quentin Sweat from Grand Rapids, MI
* Beau Hoffman from Chesaning, MI
* Aaron Higginbottom from Detroit, MI and played at Wayne State
* Adam Powers from Plymouth, MI and played at Kalamazoo College
* Matt Anderson from Grand Rapids, MI and played at Hope College
TEAM CUYAHOGA: "Cuyahoga Coach", played by Mark Ellis
* Bernard Faithful from Detroit, MI and played at the University of Toledo
* Jake Visser from Grand Rapids, MI, played at Coopersville High School and Ferris State
* Philepae Phillips from Grand Rapids, MI, played at Grand Rapids Community College
* Tyler Moore from Comstock Park, MI and played at Purdue
* Scott Gajos from Kalamazoo, MI and played at Western Michigan University
* Zach Nichols from Brighton, MI and played at Northern Michigan University
* Jason Kelly from Auburn, MI and played at Saginaw Valley State University
* Blake Smolen from Grand Rapids, MI and played at Grand Valley State
* Matt Flutur from Allendale, MI and played at Grand Valley State
* Ryan Sloth from Greenfield, IA and played at Iowa State University
* Daryl Graham from Detroit, MI and played at Wayne State University
* Brian Grysen from Hudsonville, MI and played at Elmhurst College
* Justin Trumble from Macomb, MI and played at Grand Valley State
Filming begins at Coopersville High School Football Field on August 13, 16 and 17th.
The producers hope to have 2,000 extras filling the stadium stands on Friday, August 13th and encourage people who can only come one of the three nights, to please come on Friday.
They will need from 1,000 - 1,500 extras on the following Monday and Tuesday nights.
Approximate hours will be 9pm - 6am with refreshments, entertainment and prize drawings nightly.