LIVE VIDEO: WZZM 13 News    Watch

UPDATE: Man dies in Sand Lake house fire

2:14 PM, Jan 20, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • Sand Lake - photo from Ken Ritz
  • Sand Lake - photo from Ken Ritz

SAND LAKE, Mich. (WZZM/AP) - A 58-year-old man who was trapped in a fire at the Sand Lake residence he shared with his sister has died.

The Associated Press says the victim's sister called 911 about 6:45 a.m. Thursday but was unable to rescue her brother who was trapped in the one-story home by smoke and flames. The woman was taken to a hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

WZZM 13's Ken Ritz reported this morning that Cedar Spring responders found the man dead in the home.

Crews told WZZM 13 that the fire has been tough to extinguish because of remodeling in the home. 


Most Viewed Articles

Most Watched Videos