Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup
• 2lb roma tomatoes
• 1 small cauliflower
• 1 med onion
• 1 head garlic
• 2 cans diced tomatoes
• 1 cup wine
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup fresh basil
• olive oil
• salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Half the tomatoes in half. Slice the cauliflower. Chop the top off of the garlic head. Peel and thickly slice onions.
3. Place vegetables onto 2 separate baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper.
4. Place in oven for about 40 - 50 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Meanwhile place canned tomatoes, wine & chicken broth in a pan. Heat for about 2 minutes.
6. Place all vegetables but garlic in same pan. Squeeze the garlic out of the garlic head into the soup.
7. Using a blender, food processor, or an immersion blender and puree the mixture until it has reached your desired consistency. If you want a thinner soup, you can add more broth to thin it out. You can also add a little cream if you want it creamier.
Mozzarella Cheese and Basil Sandwich
• Ciabatta Bread
• Fresh Mozzarella
• Fresh Basil
• Olive Oil
• Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree
2. Cut the bread in half length wise
3. Drizzle olive oil over both halves of the bread, place in oven until bread is slightly brown on the edges.
4. Take out of oven and top both halves with mozzarella cheese.
5. Place back in oven until cheese starts melting.
6. Remove from oven and place freshly chopped basil on top of the cheese.
7. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut into slices and serve.
For more: www.donnasawyerwow.com