JELLY DONUT PANCAKES! TIRAMISU PANCAKES! BANANA GRAHAM PANCAKES! ALL NEW SUMMER SIGNATURE PANCAKES ARRIVE IN IHOP RESTAURANTS JUNE 3RD
IHOP Restaurants to Enter Their 55th Year of Surprising and Delighting Guests with Exciting and Innovative Twists on America's Favorite Breakfast Meal
GLENDALE, CA. - June 3, 2013 -- IHOP® restaurants will be marking its 55th year of bringing guests "everything they love about breakfast SM" with an exciting new trio of signature pancakes: Jelly Donut, Tiramisu and Banana Graham. These tasty new treats will be available in participating IHOP restaurants beginning June 3, 2013 for a limited time through July 21st. IHOP officially marks its 55th anniversary on July 7, 2013.
"We've decided to kick off the summer season and celebrate 55 years of IHOP in July by doing what we do best: bringing our guests three brand new signature pancakes in flavors that are fun, unexpected and most of all, absolutely delicious!" said Natalia Franco, Senior Vice President, Marketing, International House of Pancakes, LLC.
The three new signature pancakes are:
• Jelly Donut Pancakes - Fluffy buttermilk pancakes filled with layers of luscious raspberry jelly then topped with glaze, more raspberry jelly and powdered sugar.
• Tiramisu Pancakes - Buttermilk pancakes and sweet mocha cream topped with a drizzle of chocolate, whipped topping and a dusting of cocoa powder.
• Banana Graham Nut Pancakes - Sliced fresh bananas grilled inside buttermilk pancakes layered with marshmallow cream, graham cracker crumbs and crushed honey-roasted pecans then topped with cinnamon cream cheese.
These three new delicious flavors are available starting at $4.99. Guests can purchase these flavors as yummy treats alone or as part of an IHOP Combo, which can include two eggs, done the way they like them, optional choice of crispy bacon, pork sausage links or a grilled ham slice, along with IHOP restaurants' signature golden hash browns.
IHOP's Perfect Pancake
Although IHOP does not share its secret recipe, the family-friendly restaurant chain is offering tips for everyone to enjoy the perfect pancake at home.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT PANCAKE
• Water temperature - When preparing your dry pancake mix it is essential that water be chilled to less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit. We bring our water to this temperature by using ice when preparing a fresh batch of pancake batter.
• Lumps are good - Do not over mix the pancake batter. Ensure that there are some lumps of flour that remain. If the batter is a smooth consistency you will not be able to prepare tall, fluffy pancakes.
• Grill temperature - Ensure that your grill is at 350 degrees and that you do not have hot or cold spots on the grill that can affect cooking time.
• Cook time - We judge if a pancake is ready by appearance. When dropping the pancake batter we look for bubbles to form and for the batter to have a dull appearance. This takes approximately 2.5 minutes. After flipping, cook for approximately 2 more minutes. Appearance is the best judge as temperatures can vary.